YS Associates offer a range of services to Clients including Project Co-ordination, Cost Management, Contract Administration and Development Monitoring
Overall co-ordination of the project from inception to completion aimed at meeting the Client’s requirements and ensuring completion on time, within cost and to the required standards. The Project Co-ordinator acts as the Clients point of contact for the design team. Services include:
- Establish reporting procedures required by the Client
- Advise on the selection of the design team and terms of appointment
- Co-ordinate Design Team meetings and chair meetings
- Set up management structure for the project with tasks and communication procedures
- After commencement of works, set up regular meetings with the design team and contractor
- Minute site meetings and general site visits
- Monitor construction programme
- Liaising with Consultants to ensure snagging list issued at handover
- Liaising with Contractor for making good defects/snagging during rectification period.
- Confirming completion of all works and Making Good Defects
Assist at every stage of a project, from feasibility to final account providing cost control and value management to deliver maximum return for the Client, within programme and on budget. Services include:
- Liaising with the Client and Design Team to determine initial requirements
- Advise of procurement options
- Monitor cost implications during detailed design stage
- Value Management and Value Engineering
- Collation and preparation of tender documentation
- Report and review on tenders received including post tender interviews
- Negotiate Contract Sum with selected Main Contractor
- Assist in the preparation of Contract documentation
- Interim valuations and financial forecasts
- Prepare and agree Final Account
Undertaking the contractual duties and responsibilities during the construction phase of the project, ensuring the construction Contract is fully administered. Services include:
- Undertaking the contractual duties and responsibilities during the construction phase of the project
- Ensuring the construction Contract is fully administered
- Issuing of all Contract Certificates; Interim Payment, Contract Administrators Instructions, Practical Completion, Making Good Defects, Final Certificate etc…
- Monitoring contract relationships, addressing related problems, incorporating necessary changes or modifications in the Contract
- Ensuring both parties meet or exceed each other’s expectations
- Actively interacting with the Contractor to achieve the Contract objectives
Before any funders, owners and potential occupiers of property agree to fund property developments, they must have a good understanding of the construction aspects of the project. When a development is underway, it must be carefully monitored with regular site visits made in order to pick up any key issues as they arise.
YS Associates understand the importance of safeguarding the commercial interest of our Clients through our appointment.
Our extensive experience in this area of work allows us to identify risks and positively mitigate before they become major issues, thus avoiding unnecessary delay. We ensure we are not viewed as obstructive to the overall process, but rather as development facilitators.
Here at YS Associates, we tailor our development monitoring service, reporting methods and formats to suit the precise requirements of each Clients needs.